[TUHS] Old USENET Source Code available

Aharon Robbins arnold at skeeve.com
Sun Sep 26 20:09:10 AEST 2004

Greetings all.

A few weeks ago, in a fit of nostalgia, I decided to gather together
a personal copy of the various Usenet source groups as still available
at places like gatekeeper.dec.com and ftp.uu.net.  The result is
a collection of six newsgroups, net.sources, and then
comp.sources.{games,misc,x,unix,reviewed}.

I removed duplicates and fixed a few other archiving goofs as well.

The result is about 700M, uncompressed.  It just fits on one CD. :-)

I have made a tarball available, it's about 145M, if anyone wants it.
URLs:

	http://www.skeeve.com/Usenet.tar.bz2
	ftp://ftp.freefriends.org/arnold/upload/Usenet.tar.bz2

Only one compression format; the .gz file is almost 180M.

Enjoy,

Arnold