[TUHS] Mention TUHS in Linux Magazine (US)?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri Apr 29 17:04:48 AEST 2005

On Thursday, 28 April 2005 at  9:50:21 -0700, Jerry Peek wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I'm a short-time UNIX user (I started in 1981 :)
> and also a columnist for Linux Magazine (in the US: not the UK
> flavour).  I just came across TUHS while I was searching for a
> V7 cp(1) manpage.  (I found it, BTW, via Warren Toomey's page
> http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/pub/projects/Ancient_Unix/Documentation/PUPS/manpages.html.)
>
> I'm writing a series of columns on "What's GNU in Old Utilities".

Heh.  This sounds more like "What's Old in GNU Utilities".

> It describes new features of GNU utilities like cat(1) and contrasts
> them to "how we used to do it."  I'd like to mention TUHS in the
> third column, which should be out in August.  It seems that TUHS is
> alive and well.  If any of you have comments or complaints about
> that idea, though, would you please let me know before May 1 --
> which is when the column is due?

Heh.  Thanks for the long warning :-)

I can't speak for Warren, but I'd be surprised if he were not
enthusiastically in favour.  I certainly am.  Unfortunately, if you
haven't heard from him yet, you probably won't by the submission
deadline.

Greg