[TUHS] JPLDIS - still extant?

Jose R. Valverde txomsy at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 28 08:01:08 AEST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:10:55 +1200
Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I was looking around for stuff to play with on FreeDOS and I thought, do they
> have any DBMS yet?
>
> So I googled for (dbase public domain) and got something about the aforesaid
> JPLDIS, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Display and Information System.
>
> Anyone got any ideas of its continued existence?  (It's written in Fortran, I
> judge, and I think there are a few PD Fortrans out there that could be used
> to reanimate it. ;)

Sure, Open WatCom, offers (if I remember well) C, C++ and fortran compilers
for DOS (among others) derived from traditional WatCom compilers (see
www.openwatcom.com).

As for databases... you may be interested in looking over other links. Your
initial query was too narrow (public domain << open source). See e.g.

	http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Software/FreeDB/FreeDB.list.html
	http://www.swen.uwaterloo.ca/~mrbannon/cs798/

or search for 'open source dbms' or 'open source database'.