[TUHS] DG/UX 4 tape images ... are incoming!

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Wed Sep 7 06:12:26 AEST 2005

We're succesfully dumping the DG/UX tapes we have here. :)

we had a lot of problem due to "Sticky shed syndrome": the
tape stick to the head, causing the tape to lock while
reading data ...

cooking tapes will be a solution, but we followed another
idea: we used a special Teflon Lubricant Spray (here in
italy is "CRC TEFLON PENLUB SPRAY"

this is PERFECT for tapes - we had to rewind the tape
spraying the lubricant on the tape. this cause no
problems at all, and we red sticky tapes without
problems!

the tape images are here:

http://zaverio.net/eclipse/stuff/TAPE-IMAGES/

i don't know if there is (C) on those tapes - and really, i
don't care about it. I think preserving them is a MISSION for
us, and, so, here are the images.

happy hacking! :)

--
[ asbesto : IW9HGS : freaknet medialab : radiocybernet : poetry ]
[ http://freaknet.org/asbesto http://papuasia.org/radiocybernet ]