[TUHS] kronos

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Tue Sep 27 03:09:05 AEST 2005

I accidentally stumbled across this:
   http://www.excelsior-usa.com/krg/krg.html

Perhaps only marginally relevant to tuhs.  It's a historic soviet system
modelled after Wirth's Lilith system.  There's an emulator on the page
that works in windows.  You can log in as "sys" with no password.  There
are some familiar unix commands like "cd" and "ls", and others like "find"
which seem to differ from the traditional unix commands.  The system is
written in modula II.  There is some account information in /usr/etc and
some docs (I think /doc or /usr/doc?) but they are in russian.

I'd love to hear more about the system if anyone here knows more about
it.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/