[pups] [TUHS] gcc-3.4.6 and old unix

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 24 18:44:07 AEST 2006

djggp relies on a DOS extender to run its 32-bit programs in a 16-bit
operating environment on a 32-bit machine.  go32 is Delorie's own DOS extender
- OpenWatcom offers at least two other DOS extenders to pull the same kind of
trick.

If the purpose is to run a 32-bit Unix C compiler in a 16-bit Unix operating
environment on a 16-bit machine, it just won't work.  I've never heard of
anyone ever running djgpp on a 286, either.

Just my 0.02c

Wesley Parish