[TUHS] Tape images of 2.9BSD for SIMH?

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Sat Feb 25 03:03:13 AEST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Madcrow Maxwell wrote:
> I was wondering how I can turn the provided TAR files of 2.9BSD into a
> proper tape image for use with an emulator? Is a premade emu-friendly
> install tape available? I don't have either a real '11 or a physical
> tape drive on my computer?

This 2.11 image in:
http://www.tribug.org/pub/tuhs/PDP-11/Boot_Images/2.11_on_Simh/

contains a perl script which creates a bootable tape image from the tape
files for 2.11BSD.  It shouldn't be too hard to modify it to do the same
for 2.9BSD.

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi

Quote Of The Moment:
  "If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran.
   If you give someone Lisp,    he has any language he pleases."
  		-- Guy Steele