[pups] Figured some things out.

Kelli Halliburton kelli217 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:27:52 AEST 2006

I feel just a little bit stupid for not figuring them out sooner, but smart in
being able to figure them out on my own.

Some of you may remember a post I wrote some time ago, dealing with E11
(Ersatz-11) and the RL02 v7 image. I mentioned not being able to get out of
single-user mode, and being unable to view man pages.

Well, as it turns out, I stumbled across the method of getting to multi-user
mode. ^D, imagine that. Dropping out of single-user mode starts multi-user
mode. That's not something I would have been able to use logic to figure out.

And, well, I happened to notice that there was no temp directory, so no wonder
man couldn't create its temp file. A quick little 'mkdir tmp' and that
problem was fixed. Now, that was something I was able to figure out
logically.

Of course, now my problem is that the console is presumed to be a TTY and not
a CRT terminal. And so, man pages just scroll right up and off the screen. Oh
well. I'm sure I'll figure out something. Eventually.