[TUHS] papers on the -mm macros?

Gunnar Ritter gunnarr at acm.org
Sun Mar 12 00:25:49 AEST 2006

"A. Wik" <aw at aw.gs> wrote:

> I've found the documentation for most of the major
> troff preprocessors and macros packages, but I can't
> seem to find anything but occasional references to a
> paper on the "Programmer's Memorandum Macros" (troff -mm)
> by Smith and Mashey.

The source code for this paper had been available as part
of the System III distribution under the old (unfree) SCO
license.

In case you had applied for that license, and you still
have an old PUPS archive CD at hand, you can find it in
Distributions/usdl/SysIII/sys3.tar.gz.

You will not be able to recover the original layout since
PostScript font metrics are quite different from CAT ones,
but Heirloom troff produces readable output at least.

	Gunnar