[TUHS] Bell Labs Holmdel site coming down

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 18 11:42:06 AEST 2006

Quoting John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>:

> Stuart, Jon scripsit:
>
> > Perhaps an OSF1-"lite", on par with 4.4BSD-Lite which had the
> > copyrighted code removed, would be possible to get released.
>
> That was only possible because of the massive effort to rewrite all
> things
> AT&T out of the BSD source.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to talk Novell into releasing the Unix
SysVr* source code under some form of BSD/MIT X license following the coming
evaporation of Societe Commerciel du Ondit - the SCOGroup Rumourmonging Machine.

Then get OSF1-"lite" released following that.  Eating an elephant - one bite at
a time.

Wesley Parish
<snip>