[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 31, Issue 9

patv at monmouth.com patv at monmouth.com
Sat May 20 00:33:55 AEST 2006

> I don't want to go back.  Linux is pretty nice.  Maybe they'll fuck it
> up, that seems to be a Unix OS tradition, but so far so good.
> --
> ---
> Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com

I hate when these discussions become religious.  What I initially said was
I'd love to see what would happen if a TOG branded UNIX were open source.
 As for which one, I don't really care.  It doesn't matter which.  The
hypothetical scenario is if suddenly there was a "Open Source UNIX" out
there, what would happen to all the FUD and other marketing spin?

This hypothetical OS could easily be a Linux based GNU distribution,
almost any BSD, or some other OS out there. I just mentioned OSF/1 because
it already has been branded UNIX.

Pat