[TUHS] Open Sourcing IRIX?

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 29 17:04:10 AEST 2006

I would say that since the copyrights on the Santa Cruz Operation Unixware
2.1.3 man pages are Novell's, that Novell actually has the copyrights.  Doing
man pages seems to be the role of the source code maintainer.  Ergo, they
didn't sell the copyrights, they sold a business opportunity.

groklaw.net has most of the info and analysis.

Wesley Parish

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 02:41, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Kerpan scripsit:
> > That would never happen as it's SCO, not Novell, that owns System V
>
> Novell claims otherwise, that SCO is not the copyright owner but
> simply has a license to distribute.

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?