[TUHS] RAND editor e19

Jose R. Valverde txomsy at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 10 01:29:06 AEST 2007

Your request set me on a chase of my own. I found a dated message by Bob
Drzyzgula praising e and giving in turn the web address of the current
maintainer.

As it turns out this page at CERN was no longer accessible, so I contacted
Bob asking if he still kept any copy. Meanwhile I tried as well to contact
the current maintainer, Fabien Perriollat and he in turn managed to get
his account at CERN unblocked.

To cut a long story short: RAND E is alive and well, being maintained by
Fabien Perriollat at CERN. The address is

	http://perrioll.home.cern.ch/perrioll/Rand_Editor/

and there you will find both the sources and executables for AIX, Linux,
Lynx OS, Solaris and Windows95.

Best regards,

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 00:22:11 +0100
Gunnar Ritter <gunnarr at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone still have the source code for the RAND editor
> e19 <http://www.rand.org/pubs/notes/N2239-1/>? One can read
> on the net that it was once available as public domain from
> ftp.rand.org, but this machine seems not available anymore.
>
> There is an archive rand.tar.Z in the 2.10 (BSD) directory of
> CSRG CD 1, but this contains the older version e14. I think
> it would be good to also have the final version e19 in the
> Unix archive.
>
> Thanks
>
> 	Gunnar

	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural