[pups] pdp11 in Utah

Milo Velimirovic milov at uwlax.edu
Thu Nov 1 23:02:15 AEST 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:39:58 -0600
> From: "Brad Midgley" <bmidgley at gmail.com>
> Subject: [pups] pdp11 in Utah
> To: pups at minnie.tuhs.org
>
> Hi
>
> I have a pdp11 (about the size of a 6u rackmount) free if anyone is
> interested.

This sounds like a Digital BA-11 of some sort. It could be something
as early as a pdp 11/20, 11/05, 11/34, 11/35, or as late as a 11/24
or 11/44 -- possibly others.

> --
> Brad
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:44:50 -0400
> From: "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pups] pdp11 in Utah
> To: "Brad Midgley" <bmidgley at gmail.com>
> Cc: pups at minnie.tuhs.org
>
> On 10/31/07, Brad Midgley <bmidgley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a pdp11 (about the size of a 6u rackmount) free if anyone
>> is interested.
>>
>> --
>> Brad
>>
> Hello!
> Brad, I am interested, although the space in my apartment would be the
> big issue. The problem is that I am in an apartment in NYC, Queens to
> be exact. Just how hard would it be to send it to me?

Not easy or cheap. It's bulky, heavy and would usually require 2
persons to move around. I've moved various of my pdp11s around and
it's always been hard work. Stashing a case of beer in the bottom of
an H960 is good incentive for assistants.

> If its both cost
> and space excessive then perhaps others on the list would be
> interested.
>
> Oh and which model is this fellow? I am looking for a PDP-11/53, and
> have been for many years.
e-Bay?
> --
> Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
> "This signature was once found posting rude
>  messages in English in the Moscow subway."
[snip]

--
Milo Velimirović,  Unix Computer Network Administrator
608-785-6618 Office -  608-386-2817 Cell