[pups] pdp11 in Utah

Fred N. van Kempen fred.van.kempen at microwalt.nl
Fri Nov 2 01:25:43 AEST 2007

Hi All,

That's a BA23 in tower stand, aka a room heater.

The system looks like a Micro-PDP11/23 or /53.
The tape unit seems to be an old model TK50 (it
has no markings, which was standard for the old
units), the disk could be an RD-53, it has the
same alu frame.  Other disks (RD54) are full-metal,
or smaller (RD31, 32, 20).

The buttons on the front panel seem to be just 4,
not 6.  The original Micro-11 (aka 11/23) had 4,
because it could handle only a single disk (the
10MB disk RD50); the newer systems had two extra
buttons (online and WP) for a second disk.

So... looks like a Micro-11[/23] with larger than
standard disk (RD53)and the original TK50 tape.

On the back panel we only see the bulkhead for the
system-standard DZV-11 4-port async module, of
which ports 0 and 1 (console and aux, resp) are
in semi-fixed mode.

Cheers,

Fred

PS: for people in NL; I have a few 11/53 systems
    left... :)