[pups] Suitable PDP11s, in the UK

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:52:30 AEST 2007

On 11/2/07, Carl Lowenstein <carl.lowenstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It's a cool idea, but I think it depends.  That would be a bit like
> > > making a vintage car.  People do that (even without the intention to
> > > fake them - there are, I think, many more type 35 Bugattis in
> > > existence than were ever made), but sometimes you want a vintage car,
> > > or computer, because it's vintage.
> > >
> > > --tim (owner of a vintage car, but also owner of an electronic enigma
> > > replica...)
> >
> > Hello!
> > There is just such a textbook, I've read it. However as luck would
> > have it today I can not remember its title. It might be the one that
> > MSResearch remembers, but its unlikely at best.
>
> Are you perhaps thinking of _The Art of Digital Design_?
>
> <http://preview.tinyurl.com/28p6am>
>
>     carl
> --
>     carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
>                                                  clowenstein at ucsd.edu

Hello!
Actually yes! That is the book I was trying to think of this morning.
I even came very close to building the thing, but ran out of time
trying to find the parts, let alone the actual time needed to build
the thing.

Since their ideas are good ones for what I do, I'll probably buy the
book via that method from Amazon, in addition to a few trillion
others.
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."