[TUHS] Recovering flaky CDs

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Thu Nov 1 04:28:46 AEST 2007

Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:19:05AM -0800, James Petts wrote:

> > > A great problem I had some time ago was a sort of oxydation of the
> > > cd material; this seem to happen using very bad cd brands. i had

> > degrC. Within a day the aluminium layer had holes in it the size of dimes.
> > Apparantly the protective lacquer was very substandard.
> And it is the top side (label side) of the CD that is most
> fragile, not the reading side. There is about 0.5 mm of

YES - and the oxidation I had was on the top "label" side,
affecting also the reading side :(

p.s.

the lack of "reply-to" in this mailing list is very, very
annoying, because it generate a lot of duplicates.

8(

--
[ 73 de IW9HGS : freaknet medialab : radiocybernet : poetry hacklab]
[ http://freaknet.org/asbesto -  http://papuasia.org/radiocybernet ]