[TUHS] Running RENO on windows via SIMH...

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:09:10 AEST 2007

On 10/10/07, Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if anyone would be interested in this...
>

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=204974&package_id=245145
>
> I've hacked up a copy of simh to include slirp (usermode networking from
> qemu), and packed up a copy of 4.3RENO.
>
> It should be pretty easy for Windows users to just install & hit the "run
> 4.3BSD-RENO" icon...
>
> The download is just under 90 megabytes, and I've included nearly 80 pdf's..
> Unfortunatly not all of the converted cleanly..
>
> At any rate I'm sure the base install needs more tweaking, and I should load
> more software onto the /usr/local drive (which I've made a seperate disk to
> allow for easy updating..)
>
> As always feel free to download & give it a test.  At the least it should be
> a painfee install & run.
>
> Jason

Hello!
Jason I don't mean to cause rain on your parade here, but we've
practically beaten the idea behind running the 4BSD series via VAX
(emulation) numerous times. And even after regular packet based
networking rather then hardware based (!) was added to the software. I
should say that networking of some sort was added to SIMH. But you get
the idea.

Your ideas are admirable and I believe you've got a good idea here,
but we need time to study it.

Please watch this space.
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."