[TUHS] Recovering flaky CDs

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Wed Oct 31 19:22:33 AEST 2007

Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Al Kossow wrote:

> > Is there anybody on this list who knows a way of recovering flaky CDs?
> Easiest first step is try using different kinds of CD/CD-R/DVD-R drives.
> I have found some 'unreadable' CDs could be read using a DVD drive.

I remember a very old SONY cd-rom reader capable of reading very
damaged cd! It was the SONY CDU-33A, it has his
own controller, so was not an IDE or SCSI drive. But it can be
connected to an old soundcard like Spectrum or other similars,
having some cdrom interfaces.

sorry for my  bad english :)

--
[ 73 de IW9HGS : freaknet medialab : radiocybernet : poetry hacklab]
[ http://freaknet.org/asbesto -  http://papuasia.org/radiocybernet ]