[pups] V7 boot tape files

Hellwig Geisse Hellwig.Geisse at mni.fh-giessen.de
Sat Dec 13 01:51:09 AEST 2008

Brantley,

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 13:43 -0500, Brantley Coile wrote:
> I have two questions.  First, does anyone have the original files from
> the Seventh Edition boot tape?  Second, does simh support tape
> operations like writing file markers?  No doubt you can see where I'm
> headed with this.  I want to attach the original boot tape and install
> the original V7 tape onto simh.

some time ago I did exactly what you plan to do.
I used the original V7 tape files from Keith Bostic,
which are hosted by PUPS. I wrote a small program
that converted the distinct files into a single 'tape'
with a format that simh understands. I could then
proceed with the installation of V7 exactly as the
manual says.

The whole package with instructions is available here:
http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg53/pdp11-unix/

Hellwig