[TUHS] /usr/bin/bs on HPUX?

Jose R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.csic.es
Thu Dec 18 00:27:26 AEST 2008

Bit of digging:

> 1.  "bs" was written at AT&T, probably at the Labs, at some time between
> the release of 32V and System III.  It was part of both System III and
> at least some System V releases.

And of course it is in TUHS! Remember we have 32V and SIII. For example,
look into

	TUHS/Other/Distributions/Plexis_Sys3/
or
	TUHS/PDP-11/Distributions/usdl/SysIII/

The sources contain 'bs' under cmd/bs

The latter one (under USDL) contains also the man page under usr/src/man/man1
(as 'bs.1').

So, there. You have it.

This leads me to consider we would greatly benefit from an expanded and
indexed TUHS repository tree. I made one on my mirror long ago, but a
series of disk crashes ended with it. Maybe, if there is interest I
could do it again.

			EMBnet/CNB
		Scientific Computing Service
	Solving all your computer needs for Scientific
			Research.

		http://bioportal.cnb.csic.es
		  http://www.es.embnet.org