[TUHS] /usr/bin/bs on HPUX?

Lord Doomicus lorddoomicus at mac.com
Thu Dec 18 09:55:24 AEST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 11:35 AM, John Cowan wrote:

> lyricalnanoha scripsit:
>
>> it's using a very bizarre form of longjmp()... was that the normal
>> syntax
>> in sys3?  it's using a struct, instead of the two parameters glibc
>> wants.
>
> v7 wants two parameters too.  This was probably some attempt at
> cleanup that
> didn't survive.
>
> To fork a hacker nursery rhyme:
>
> System III!  System III!
> See how it runs!  See how it runs!
> Its longjmp() loses so totally,
> It runs all its programs in 'I & D',
> It's made by our fav'rite monopoly,
> System III!

Yea, I got the same thing when I tried compile it under OS X.  I know
HPUX has it, so I checked the man page for longjmp under HPUX, and
like OS X, it takes two parameters.  So, someplace, there is a version
of the bs source that has the correct longjmp system call.   But, it
may only be in the HPUX source tree.  I should boot up one of my SGI's
and have a look to see if it has bs, and what version of longjmp it
uses.

- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
lorddoomicus at mac.com
http://www.doomd.net

"There's nothing nice about Steve Jobs and there's nothing evil about
Bill Gates."
	-- Chuck Peddle, MOS 6502 Chip Designer