[TUHS] Banyan Vines? Banyan/ePresence dissolves self

Janet Sala janet.sala at synchronoss.com
Tue Feb 5 08:05:26 AEST 2008

My recollection from those days was that Banyan Vines was developed in
collaboration with DEC.  I think it would have been more likely that it was
BSD or (eek) ULTRIX based.  I was working on system and network management
at AT&T USO/USL/Novell/HP until 1997 and never heard it mentioned that
Banyan Vines was on any sort of System V license though we were all quite
aware of the product.  I think I would have heard something if they were
³one of ours.²  Given the timeframe it would more likely have been some sort
of 7th edition license, but in those days BSD would have been the more
logical choice.  This is just my recollection, however.  I¹ll see what I can
track down in terms of facts.

Very truly yours,
- janet
Janet Frazer Sala