[Unix-jun72] more corrections

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Fri May 2 04:34:10 AEST 2008

> I adjusted my tools/dumpaout.py appropriately and tested with the 1ed
> assembler.  If you sed all the files to s/mount/xmount/ it builds just
> fine with 1ed "as" and the a.out header is indeed 6 bytes long and
> is included in the text segment...  Everything is lining up..

ugh, I was wrong.. it was not lining up!  The 1ed "as" is also
using a 16-byte header.  This together with the "mount" issue is
making me think they used a different assembler for these sources.

.... so... we may have to either 1) alter the way as works, or 2)
remove those comment characters in the vector table...

I apologize for the earlier incorrect information and the flood of
emails..

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/