[Unix-jun72] UNIX running up to init, I think

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat May 3 11:41:26 AEST 2008

> but it doesn't seem like the dma is making it to userland.  Perhaps it's
> getting into the kernel buffer but not the user buffer.  I just copied
> the sysread code verbatim and didn't look at the closely.
>
> I'll do more debugging tomorrow.  Seems like we're closing in.

There was a missing branch instruction when copying from kernel buffer to
userland buffer on page e08-02.  I added the branch and a note about it
and committed.  (without the branch it will only ever copy one byte to
userland).  Now my cold boot is writing files off the tape onto the rk0
image.

> -brad

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/