[Unix-jun72] Change to mail list behaviour

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Sun May 4 22:47:29 AEST 2008

>: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>: http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html
>
>I respectfully disagree.
>
>Religious jihads are like that.

I don't think this is a religious issue.  Please read those pages
carefully.  It's about normal human behavior and expectations.

I can't tell you how many times I've made the same mistakes
listed in those pages.  Many times.  Always wit embarrassment.

My mailer has reply and reply-all and I use them consciously every day.

with the new setting I hit reply-all and I generate 2 copies to the
list...  so this list becomes unlike all the others I am on.

You may still disagree, but I think there is some sound logic
behind the idea.

-brad