[Unix-jun72] last1120 C compiler added to svn

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon May 5 14:52:29 AEST 2008

I'm still working on the last1120 C compiler, so I've added the original code
to svn. Right now, the compiler executes fine under Apout (enough to recompile
itself), but not on V1 with the 0407 patch. I can compile simple C programs,
and execute the resulting 0407 binary on V1. I'm running this program to get a
memory dump of the process while it is running:

main()
{
  char c[];
  int i;
  printf("Hello world\n");
  c= main;
  while (c != 0) {
    i= *c & 0277;
    printf("%o %o\n", c, i);
    c++;
  }
}

so I can compare the Apout memory environment with the V1 memory environment.
But it's very sloooow. I wonder why; V7 on simh is much faster than V1.

Cheers,
	Warren

P.S The C compiler doesn't have for loops :-)