[Unix-jun72] Readme written: needs checking

P.A.Osborne P.A.Osborne at kent.ac.uk
Wed May 7 20:19:30 AEST 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:28:42PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Is there __OSX__ or similar? If there is, simply add
>
> 	&& !defined(__OSX__)
>
> to that second line, which is around line 71 in tools/apout/defines.h.

Warren,

__APPLE__ does part of the trick, then we get:

cc -static -g aout.o branch.o bsd_ioctl.o bsd_signal.o bsdtrap.o cpu.o
debug.o double.o ea.o fp.o itab.o ke11a.o magic.o main.o single.o
v1trap.o v7trap.o -o apout -lm
ld_classic: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [apout] Error 1

At this point I am in the midst of Apple butchering tools to produce
universal binaries (powerpc and x64), will continue to swear at this
(or just give in and install FreeBSD under VMWare :-) ).

Paul