[Unix-jun72] Self supporting

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri May 9 02:24:50 AEST 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 11:09:12AM -0400, Brantley Coile wrote:
> Wednesday I got V1 running on my Mac.  Great fun!
> The level of sophistication impressed people here.
> Do you folks think we can move the sources for
> the kernel into it and have it be self supporting?

It should be possible. We are now using the V2 assembler to build the
kernel a.out, which means that you could put the kernel source onto the
filesystem and do the assembly on V1 natively.

We need to recreate enough of the boot chain to make self-support possible.
James Markevitch I think was working on this; James, can you give us a
status report?

Cheers,
	Warren