[Unix-jun72] DC-11 quick hack

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri May 9 23:18:15 AEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:04:26PM -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Ok, I had some initial success with a quick and dirty hack.
>   - apply the attached patch to your simh tree and rebuild pdp11
>     and copy it into your tools directory.
>     - maps the TTIX device into the DC11 space
>     - forces the CSR to return the carry-detect bit as always on

I was going to write a proper DC-11 device for Simh, but Tim's patch to
the DL11 was so small that I decided it would be easier to allow runtime
configuration of the DL11 to behave like a DC11. I've just added misc/DL.diff
to our subversion tree. If you apply this patch to Simh, then you can add
these lines to your simh.cfg to make 8 DC-11 devices:

set ttix en                             ; Enable DC/DL-11 device
set ttix lines=8                        ; We want 8 serial ports
set ttix address=17774000               ; Set the address to be a DC-11
set ttix carrier=dc                     ; Turn on the DC-11 carrier detect bit
set ttox 7b                             ; Set output to be 7-bit, lowercase
att ttix 5555                           ; Attach serial ports to telnet 5555

I hope we can get the change into the Simh tree.

Cheers,
	Warren