[Unix-jun72] status on disassembler

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue May 20 17:39:07 AEST 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:16:28PM -0700, Doug Merritt wrote:
> Interim status on disassembler:
> My first approach to "temporary labels" (1f/1b, see Knuth) failed badly;
> if anyone has insights on how such things should be disassembled,
> please tell me; I'm still mentally going through various possible
> algorithms.

Doug, I was also halfway through a disassembler. I take a 2-pass approach.
On the 1st pass I collect interesting addresses, e.g. for jsrs, branches
etc. Then I allocate labels based on address order. Then on the second
pass I use the labels when printing. I'll send you a copy of the work
so far.

Cheers,
	Warren