[TUHS] Query on PDP-11 assembly

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri May 2 09:47:21 AEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:41:17PM +0900, Naoki Hamada wrote:
> This technique was a very common one in assembler sources for PDP-11
> versions of UNIX. For example, m40.s of Version 6 UNIX shows a line
> "jsr     r0,call1; _trap" in its trap routine. I feel very funny to
> tell this to Warren, the author of apout!

Well, I borrowed the PDP-11 instruction simulaton code from Eric Edwards,
and spent most of my time on emulating the syscalls, so there are still
things I don't know!

I've got the disassembler to a point where it works OK on the instructions,
I haven't worked on the data side yet. I have put it aside for a bit, due
to increasing frustration levels and other things to do. If someone wants
a copy, e-mail me.

Thanks for all your responses, they were very useful.

Cheers,
	Warren