[TUHS] Early UNIX file permission oddity

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed May 21 21:50:32 AEST 2008

Warren Toomey scripsit:

> What I should have said that the CACM paper
> possibly indicates that UNIX went through the stages:
>
> 	"rwrw" + "x" ==> "rwxrwx" ==> "rwxrwxrwx"
>
> sometime between the points in time known as 3rd and 4th Editions.

I think you did say just that.  I was trying to make a more general
point for everyone on the list, not you in particular: not to assume
that the code snapshots we have correspond in any detailed way to the
manual snapshots we have.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
[R]eversing the apostolic precept to be all things to all men, I usually [before