[TUHS] www.tuhs.org now a MediaWiki

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Sun Jul 5 19:25:01 AEST 2009

Warren Toomey scripsit:

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 07:39:43PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Alternatively, someone could host a MediaWiki installation.

OK, I've switched the TUHS website www.tuhs.org to be a mediawiki. Right
now I have seeded the site with a few pages, but as with all wikis,
we need a whole bunch of people to upload content. So if you have any
anecdotes, or electronic documents, or any other Unix-related information,
then please join the wiki and add it in!

To join the wiki, click on the 'log in' link on the top-right, and then
click 'request account', which will prep the account and wait for me to
authorize it.

At the moment, I have created a small set of page categories, listed
below.  If you can think of any other categories, feel free to edit
http://www.tuhs.org/wiki/Wiki_Categories

Cheers & thanks in advance for participating!

	Warren

Pages on the Unix Heritage Society Wiki should belong to one of the following categories. If you can think of others, please edit this page. All pages should provide links and citations to allow the reader to verify the content.

Anecdote: A story about Unix history or using Unix. Page should include the name of the person telling the anecdote, and details of the time period covering the anecdote.

Artifact: a file (tarball, disk/tape image) or a system stored in the Unix Archive. The page should provide a web link to the artifact on minnie, and details of the artifact's provenance: how it came to be in the archive, who submitted it, where did the artifact come from etc.

Book: a monograph (but not a paper or document, see below). Page must include citation details for the document, and if possible an image of the book cover. Summaries and reviews of a book are welcome.

Document: a written document (but not a paper, see below). Page must include citation details for the document, and if possible a link to the document on-line.

Entity: an organisation (e.g. AT&T, BTL, USL), or a group (e.g. CSRG). Page should provide details of the entity and their relationship to the history of Unix.

Image: a visual image. Page should provide an explanation of the image and its relationship to the history of Unix, plus a link to the image on-line.

Paper: a paper which appeared in a journal or conference. Page must include citation details for the paper, and if possible a link to the paper on-line.

Person: an individual. Page should provide details of the person and their relationship to the history of Unix.

Tip: a tip or suggestion for installing, configuring or using an old version of Unix.

Version: a specific version of release of Unix. Page should detail the features of the version, its geneaology, date of release etc. If there is an artifact of this version in the Unix Archive, then the page should provide a link to the artifact's wiki page.