[TUHS] Uwisc4.3 question...

Aharon Robbins arnold at skeeve.com
Fri Mar 27 17:39:33 AEST 2009

Hi. Most of those files would seem to be the generic XDR and RPC code
that Sun released for general use.

The three nfs/* files make me curious though, since Sun would license
their implementation, but not give it away.

It may be that the UWisc dist actually used real Sun code, in which
case anyone using it would have needed a SunOS license also.

Ah, those were the days.  I remember that the early versions of SunOS 4.1.x
had both RFS and NFS in them. The original System V Release 4 did too,
as did early versions of Solaris.  Sometime around Solaris 5.3 or so Sun
wised up that no-one was using or cared about RFS and they pulled it
out of Solaris. :-)

Arnold