[TUHS] DMR's page offline...

Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com
Tue May 26 13:35:36 AEST 2009

It seems like "http://www.cs.bell-labs.com" is down.  Doesn't seem to be
DMR specific.

But it is cause to reflect on all that bell labs brought us.  What a great
place!  When I was going through grad school, bell labs was _the_ place to
be.  I read their papers, watched what they did, and I knew I didn't have
a chance in hell of getting in there (my Dad did physics and a lot of those
guys did physics and while newtonian mechanics and I got along just fine,
it all went south after that.)

I can tell you that I really wanted to be there.  I suspect there are many
here who feel the same way.

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:33:47PM -0400, Jason Stevens wrote:
> I don't know if it's worth mentioning...
>
> but it looks like Dennis Ritchie's page is down....
>
> http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/
>
> At least there is the wayback machine (
> http://web.archive.org/web/20070930200555/http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/
> ) but it just seems odd his page being lost in the void....

---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com