[TUHS] Bell and EUUG tapes - who could read?

Andy Cowley Andy.Cowley at uwe.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 02:57:40 AEST 2009

Dear All,

  I have a number of old Unix™ ½ inch reel to reel tapes. I would dearly love to transfer
the contents, if readable, to a more modern medium. If anyone has the facility to do this
please contact me. I'm located in the United Kingdom.

They are 800 or 1600 BPI, 9 track and, I suspect, NRZI encoded. They should be compatible
with DEC reel-to-reel drives, probably most others.

They contain various PDP/LSI-11 versions of AT&T Bell Research Laboratories UNIX™
Edition 6 and 7. The Bell tapes (1, 2 and 3) are for PDP-11/45 with other drivers.
The EUUG (European Unix Users Group) tape has kernels for various LSI-11 models
including LSI-11/23. It also contains a large number of contributed utilities.

There is more info at http://www.andycowley.com/Unix/tapes.html

best

Andy Cowley

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found