[pups] extract old archive format?

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Apr 9 00:49:25 AEST 2010

On 8 Apr 2010, at 14:25, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Anyone know what tool I can use on a modern *BSD or Linux system to
> extract the files from an "old PDP-11" ar archive?

I think the politically correct approach to this would clearly be:
install a PDP-11 simulator on the host, and a suitable Unix on it, and
unpack the archives with ar.

Actually, that's wrong: the politically correct thing to do would be
to *buy a PDP-11*.  But that seems to be fairly hard nowadays.

The former approach might be fairly practical though.