[TUHS] Origins of drand48()?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Apr 2 10:17:14 AEST 2010

Cyrille Lefevre scripsit:

> the older (c) I found is 1984, but SVR1 seems to be born in 1983 !
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNIX_System_V say SVR2 is 1984)
> as far as I recall me, SVID1 is SVR2, not SVR1.
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVID say SVID1 is 1985)

In any case, the code is in a practical sense unencumbered due to the
release of OpenSolaris, because it's embedded inside the OpenSolaris
wrapper essentially unchanged.

--
Is a chair finely made tragic or comic? Is the          John Cowan
portrait of Mona Lisa good if I desire to see           cowan at ccil.org
it? Is the bust of Sir Philip Crampton lyrical,         http://ccil.org/~cowan
epical or dramatic?  If a man hacking in fury
at a block of wood make there an image of a cow,
is that image a work of art? If not, why not?               --Stephen Dedalus