[TUHS] 386BSD on Bochs & Qemu...

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 15:12:04 AEST 2010

I don't know if this is interesting to anyone, but I thought I'd share that
386BSD will install on Bochs (although slowly, and it's prone to crashing),
however once the first patchkit is installed, it'll then run on Qemu!
(0.11.0, it seems the new bios layout of 0.12 is incompatible)

If anyone is interested, here is a link to a hard disk image that I've
prepared for Qemu:
http://vpsland.superglobalmegacorp.com/install/386BSD/bsd386.qcow2.gz

I run it like this:

qemu.exe -L pc-bios -hda bsd386.qcow2 -M isapc -net nic -net user -no-reboot
-m 256

And I can run lynx/irc as a test of the TCP/IP.

At any rate, I figure this kind of brings 386BSD back out of it's grave.