[TUHS] 2.11 BSD question... (exe sizes)

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 01:05:06 AEST 2010

The 'problem' is with the de driver...Basically SIMH flags something wrong
with all incoming packets, and the driver thinks they are all corrupt...

in the procedure derecv

                   if ((rp->r_flags &
(RFLG_ERRS|RFLG_FRAM|RFLG_OFLO|RFLG_CRC))||
                       (rp->r_flags&(RFLG_STP|RFLG_ENP)) !=
(RFLG_STP|RFLG_ENP) ||
                       (rp->r_lenerr & (RERR_BUFL|RERR_UBTO|RERR_NCHN)) ||
                       len < ETHERMIN || len > ETHERMTU) {

something here is being passed wrong.. I've just changed the statement to
if(1==2) to keep the logic flow...

Anyways the same issue cropped up with 4.2 BSD & the VAX 11/780

On my pdp-11 the ini I'm using is:

set cpu 11/94 4M
set cpu cis
set cpu idle
set xu ena
att xu slirp
;attach tm0 211bsd.tap
attach tm0 ircii-4.4.source.tap
set rp0 rp06
attach rp0 auto.dsk
set rq dis
set rk dis
set rl dis
set hk dis
set rx dis
set tq dis
set dz lines=8
att dz 1000
boot rp0

I'm also using a version of SIMH that I've replaced the libpcap with SLiRP
from Qemu.. It's basically a user mode ip stack to do NAT.  The advantage is
that they always have the same ip address, and it doesn't
require escalated privileges to run.