[TUHS] NetBSD 0.9

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 03:20:51 AEST 2010

These are all on NetBSD 0.9 i386 with no modifications to the system,
and they just represent source I had quickly on hand...  NetBSD 0.9
uses gcc 2.4.5

I have to admit, I'm almost thinking of something like this for
embeded systems, having more then 4mb of ram is common place now, and
hell I like the idea of static exe's so I don't have dll issues... As
the dynamic libs didn't come into play until NetBSD 0.9, right?

netbsd# dmesg
NetBSD 0.9 (QEMU) #0: Wed Dec  1 14:58:34 PST 2010
 root at netbsd:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/QEMU
CPU: i486DX (486-class CPU)
real mem  = 67104768
avail mem = 64659456
using 153 buffers containing 1257472 bytes of memory
pc0 at 0x60-0x6f irq 1 on isa
pc0: color
wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wd0 at wdc0 targ 0: 511MB 1040 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec <QEMU HARDDISK>
fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
ne0 at 0x320-0x32f irq 10 on isa
ne0: ne2000 ethernet address 52:54:00:12:34:56
npx0 at 0xf0-0xff on isa
npx0: using exception 16
biomask 4040 ttymask 2 netmask 400 impmask 402
wdc0: extra interrupt
wdc0: extra interrupt

netbsd# lynx -version

Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2 (1998)
Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.

netbsd# irc --version
ircII version 4.4 (19971207)

netbsd# bzip2 --version
bzip2, a block-sorting file compressor.  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.

  Copyright (C) 1996-2010 by Julian Seward.

  it under the terms set out in the LICENSE file, which is included
  in the bzip2-1.0.6 source distribution.

  LICENSE file for more details.