[TUHS] Irwin 285

Brantley Coile brantley at coraid.com
Thu Jan 21 20:51:53 AEST 2010

Those type of drives used a floppy interface but didn't look like a
floppy. If I remember right, the seek signal was a data clock and the
seek direction signal was the out data. I don't remember the in data.
The other signals were ignored.

You sent command blocks to the tape drive by sending a series of seek
requests that caused the command block to be encoded on the seek/seek
direction pins. The you would toggle the seek pin and read the input
pin to read the response.

Brantley.

iPhone email