[TUHS] Irwin 285

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:12:43 AEST 2010

> I have seen , I think 2 years ago, a company in California which still
> offered these drives brand new and tapes for them.Try to google.
> The only system I know, which supports these drives, is Coherent.
> You can still find sources of the driver and eventually port it to SCO.
> But probably the manufacturer of this drive offers drivers for SCO.

Actually, I don't need SCO that much, so I'm fine with Linux. Too bad
they removed ftape subsystem from recent kernels, but this drive
didn't work even for old ones. So I will probably need to port this
stuff to some MCU, so I will need some protocol knowledge,
so I will need to dig into some old sources somewhere. Or find
some known working software package which will work with this drive
and do digging with oscilloscope for protocol.

Thanks a lot!
S.