[TUHS] hyphen.c, was Unix Tree

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon Mar 8 11:48:30 AEST 2010

As an interesting side-note, last year when we were trying to recover
the Second Edition commands source code from the s1-bits.gz DECtape image,
there was a leftover file which I labelled unknown.c.

The Unix tree now shows that V2 unknown.c is actually hyphen.c, which
reappears in System III:

	http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V2/cmd/unknown.c

Now, does anybody know what happened to hyphen.c between mid-1972 and
mid-1980? There is a hyphen(1) V3 manual and a hyphen(6) V4 manual.

Could it have gone off towards PWB or CB UNIX or UNIX/TS?

I wish we could get copies of CB UNIX or UNIX/TS or MERT :-S

Cheers,
	Warren