[TUHS] hyphen.c, was Unix Tree

Ian King iking at killthewabbit.org
Mon Mar 8 15:59:29 AEST 2010

Hey Warren, you know what they say: wish in one hand, do something
else in the other....  :-)

Speaking of wishing: any news from Mr. Ritchie on PDP-7 UNIX
fragments?  We're getting closer to having our -7 running, likely
before summer here in the Other Hemisphere.  BTW, do you know
anything of the whereabouts of LISP for the -7?  I know it existed,
as a descendant of the PDP-1 interpreter, but I have had no luck so
far finding it.  I may just write one of my own, premised on the
functionality of the -1 version, but for history's sake I'd love to
find a paper tape (or image thereof) of the original -7
implementation.  Wishing in my one hand....  Cheers -- Ian