[TUHS] Unix Tree: side scrolling

Michael Kerpan madcrow.maxwell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:22:01 AEST 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> I've added side scrolling now. Please have a look at it and see what you think.
> My HTML skills are limited, so if someone can suggest some better HTML code,
> I'd be happy to try it out. All the HTML is in template form, so it should be
> easy enough to try alternatives.
>
> The URL is now officially       http://minnie.tuhs.org/UnixTree
>
> I also want to add these other releases:
>        4BSD
>        4.1BSD which one?
>        4.2BSD
>        4.4BSD
>        LSX
>        Ultrix-32 which one?
>        Venix?
>
> If there are any other ones you'd like to see in the tree, let me know.
> Now's the time to ask for any other donations to the Heritage Society.
> If you have any releases which are not yet in the Unix Archive, I'd love
> to know. I still seriously want to get a copy of SysVR4.2, which will go
> into the hidden vault to keep the bits safe until some day when they can
> be let out.

How about addid a couple of modern FOSS Unix descendants like FreeBSD
and NetBSD and OpenSolaris. It would be great to see just how much V7
code still lives in these newer systems.

Anyway, I don't have anything new to offer except for my words of
gratitude. The source comparison feature is just plain awesome. It
makes me feel like one of those scientists who figures out family
trees by doing DNA comparisons ;)

Mike