[TUHS] pdp11 question

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Nov 14 11:59:46 AEST 2010

  On 11/13/2010 18:03, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Back in the day there was something called a microvax and I think there
> was a micropdp - it was a tall slim thing.  Might google that.
The MicroPDP11 was in more or less the same form factor as the MicroVAX
I and II (also marketed as VaxStation I and II).  It was also known as
something like the PDP 11/73.  A lower-end version was the Digital PRO
350 and 360.

I don't know if any of these ran Unix or not, but you might look into
them.  A few years ago, the PROs were really cheap and used about the
same power as a PC from 1985.

Warner