[TUHS] 2.11BSD cross compiler

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Sep 29 13:14:00 AEST 2010

In message: <20100929023819.GA12919 at bitmover.com>
            Larry McVoy <lm at bitmover.com> writes:
: Had a TA who could read octal dumps just like they
: were C.  Ken Witte - wonder where he is now.  I used to bribe him with
: a six pack to come over and help me and he'd have a beer in his hand
: and the line printer output in the other and be laughing at me for some
: retarded thing I had done that he figured out from the octal.

I used to impress the first year C students by typing 'more core' and
then pointing to a random spot on the screen and saying "Oh, you
passed NULL to strcmp here."  The sad thing was, I had about a 75% hit
rate...  Not really a 'skill' but rather just knowing the common
errors for the current assignment and being a lucky guesser :)

Warner