[TUHS] Ideas for a Unix paper I'm writing

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jun 29 00:18:59 AEST 2011

FWIW, the Unix habit of leaving the files as streams, instead of
diving into the then-current concept of files as either hierarchical
database or network database files. That left the FILE interface
simple, and allowed the applications to do all the necessary work.

Then there's Lion's comment about the nearest - at the time -
competitor for teaching, Brinch Hansen's Solo Concurrent Pascal OS
and permutations thereof, which he didn't think was anywhere near the
same standard. I've read the Loin's books and the Concurrent Pascal
book, and I can see his point. You can do things with Unix V6 that
you couldn't think of with Solo.

Just my 0.02c,from a Unix latecomer.

Wesley Parish